Monday 11 March 2013

life. is. happening.

In the words of a wise woman (Liz Lemon, aka Tina Fey): Life. Is. Happening.

After a whole lotta soul searching, two weeks ago, I started a design course to nurture my creative 'Self' and will this week also start a new job, working with communities on environmental projects. Needless to say, I'm uber-excited about both of these (and clearly believe that my level of excitement justifies the use of the word 'uber' in yet another post).

Neen's post over at Neenish Arts resonated with me and the 'transition' I find myself in. In the Chinese calendar, 2013 is the year of the snake, a year for change and rebirth, and I look forward to the changes before me.

The decision to join the world of learners and purposefully seek employment for passion rather than salary (the new role is two days a week, so we're looking at a lower budget for a while yet) has been both frightening and exhilarating. There's a financial cost and a giving up of power when you dare to follow dreams as a 'grown up', but I'm already seeing the benefits.

Here's one thing I'm learning, and I believe will be a running theme for my 2013:

The embracing of uncertainty and abandonment of authority over 'Life', births a greater Knowledge of Self, a Quiet, a Calm, an Integrity and a Gratitude that can not be found in control, discipline or "the right thing". 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations sweetheartxxxx I told you to find something your passionate about and you will excel...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your support and many chats! LOVING everything about my study and work!

      Delete

thanks for your comments, I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...